For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. -Psalm 100:5 NIV
“God is good”. It’s a phrase you’ve probably seen or heard countless times. But it’s also a phrase that is easy to forget in the face of trials and even the small struggles throughout the day…a flat tire, spilled coffee, a crying toddler. It can be easy to start the day defeated, but as a Christian you can be unshakeable in the knowledge that God is good and that everything will work out.
So here are three verses to hold you steadfast today!
1. James 1:17 NIV “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
2. 1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV “However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard and what no human mind has conceived” the things God has prepared for those who love him.”
3. Psalm 27:13 NIV “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”
No matter what you face today -the good, the bad, or the ugly- remain confident that because God is good, you can remain steady.
- Thank God for his unwavering goodness and pray that he will help you remain steadfast, no matter your circumstance.
- Ask Holy Spirit to help you show God’s love and goodness to those around you who need encouraged.