For since the world began, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!
–Isaiah 64:4 NLT
Waiting for an answer to prayer can be very difficult. There may be times when answers come quickly, but there are times when God makes you wait. During these times of waiting, you may not understand—and begin to ask Him why.
Don’t underestimate the power of God to answer prayer, even though the timing is not in your control. Your trust and His timing work side by side. Don’t focus on when it is that you will get an answer. Remember, God hears every cry prayed in faith and in accordance with His will. Sometimes the waiting is to stretch your faith.
You don’t know how God will move in response to your requests but know that your Heavenly Father longs for you to trust in His faithfulness. In the end, you will be amazed at the Lord’s goodness and love. So, trust the words of Psalm 62:5 (NLT), “Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.”
- Pray for the Lord to strengthen your faith.
- Trust God that He will be faithful as you place your petitions before Him.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Your Story Isn’t Finished | Thursday | September 13 - September 13, 2018
- Love, Redemption, and Hope | Tuesday | August 14 - August 14, 2018
- Sing to the Lord! | Monday | August 13 - August 13, 2018