See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
-Ephesians 5:15-17 NKJV
Merriam-Webster defines circumspect as thinking carefully about possible risks before doing or saying something. As verse 15 states, be wise in your walk on this earth. Just as God’s relationship with Adam and Eve led them to walk with Him “in the garden in the cool of the day,” God wants to walk closely with you, and is why His grace has been pulling you into a closer walk with Him (Genesis 3:8).
Just as Jesus went on walks with His disciples, your goal should be everyday, unbroken fellowship with your Lord and friend. Enoch was a man who had a passion to walk with God and was able to live a godly life in an ungodly world (Genesis 5:22-24).
As you walk with God daily through His Word, the Holy Spirit will open the scriptures to you. Every Christian has a testimony. People are watching and observing you. As it says in 1 John 2:6 (NLT), “Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.”
- Ask God to give you the vision and heart to reach out to a hurting world.
- Thank God that He is with you wherever you go, as Joshua 1:9 states.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018
- Are You Fueling Up? | Sunday | October 7 - October 7, 2018
- Are You a Disciple? | Monday | September 10 - September 10, 2018