And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
–John 14:13-14 NKJV
What if the end result isn’t what you prayed for? What if it’s not the answer you wanted? What if the worst happens? What if…heaven forbid…you don’t get your way?
When you find yourself with a case of the “What ifs,” turn it around. What if you believe God’s Word when He tells you that you can ask anything in His name and it will be done so that the Father may be glorified through the Son? What if it’s the exact answer you wanted because you’ve kept yourself so close to the Father’s heart that His will becomes your own?
What if you know whatever happens, even if it hurts, is best because all things work together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28) and you do love Him with all your heart.
Believe today that God is God and you, on the other hand, are not. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV).
His Word is true, what if you start believing it?
- Thank God that His Word is true!
- Ask Him to help you love and trust Him with all your heart, and to turn your “what ifs” into His “what ifs.”
Latest posts by Carol Lewis (see all)
- Lay It Down! | Wednesday | September 19 - September 19, 2018
- Intercession or Interference | Saturday | September 15 - September 15, 2018
- How’s Your Aim? - April 8, 2018