But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.
–John 1:12 NKJV
Psalm 139:1-24 says that God is all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful, and everywhere present. God knows us, God is with us, and His greatest gift is to allow us to know Him. When you accept Him as your Savior, Jesus gives you His Holy Spirit.
The fruit of the Spirit in you is “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23 NLT). Without His Holy Spirit, you are not capable of producing His fruit. When these fruits are evident in your life, it shows growth in your relationship with Him.
The Bible tells you who you are in Christ. You are: complete, alive, free from the law of sin and death, free from fear; you have the mind of Christ, the peace that passes all understanding, the spirit of wisdom, and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus. You have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, and to speak with new tongues. Be grateful to God for who you are in Him every day. You might not be where you want to be, but at least you are not where you used to be!
- Thank God for who you are in Christ—and know you are greatly loved by God.
- Ask God to help you walk in the truth of being a new person in Christ. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- The World | Friday | November 16 - November 16, 2018
- There is No Such Thing | Friday | November 9 - November 9, 2018
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018