We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us…
–Romans 12:6 NIV
God wired you a certain way and desires that you find the outlet(s) you can plug into where you can shine brighter and have a wider impact on the lives of others.
If you’re an extrovert playing it safe by functioning in the role of an introvert, you’ll quickly become unfulfilled and lose your vibrant glow. If you’re an introvert functioning in an extrovert’s setting for any length of time, without appropriate times of renewal, you run the risk of burning out.
It’s wise for you to allow God to lead you to the tasks He desires, according to the grace He gives you—so you won’t burn out. When you do, you’ll remain joyful and have the energy to keep shining brightly.
Don’t think you are wired incorrectly simply because you don’t keep up with the busier pace of others or because you can’t function slowly and steadily like other people do. God’s Word says, “Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands…” (1 Thessalonians 4:11 NLT).
Regardless of temperament, when you permit God’s Holy Spirit to energize you from within, for the various things God assigns you, Christ in you will powerfully shine through you to illuminate the lives around you.
- Ask God for wisdom to know if you have been over- or under-extending yourself and not taking adequate time to rest in Him.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you discernment to know when to say “yes” and when to say “no” without feeling guilty.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018