…you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
-Ephesians 2:19-20 NIV
Here are three of five key areas to build wisely:
Your trust in God, your growing relationship with Christ, and your obedience and application of God’s Word are all crucial to building a solid foundation of faith. When storms of life come your way, you’ll be grounded in biblical truths and remain steady as a rock in your moral beliefs. If you disobey Him, your foundation will begin to crack. For this reason, it’s wise to seek God daily and ask Him to make known what displeases Him.
2. Family and Godly Friendships
Relationships are vital and should be cherished! The people in your life—and your relationships with them—are important to God, and they need to be valued correctly. God desires you love others and seek to build them up, not tear them down. Also, knowing bad company corrupts good character, be careful with whom you spend time.
Being a good steward over your finances is a spiritual discipline which blesses God, others, and you. Living outside of your means, collecting material possessions, and accumulating debt are unwise. When you manage your finances wisely, you eliminate needless stress, (Mark 8:36).
- Praise God for the relationships He’s built around you, helping you to grow in your faith, relationships, and finances.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to be a blessing to others.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018