In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
-Ephesians 2:21-22 NIV
Here are two additional key areas to build wisely:
4. Food and Fitness
Your body is God’s living temple; His Spirit resides within you. When you harm your body, you’re dishonoring God. Keeping your body healthy is part of the life God calls you to live. Living a healthy lifestyle permits you to carry out God’s greater plans for your life.
5. Fellowship with Other Believers
It’s important you’re planted in a local church where you can worship God, hear His Word, and fellowship with the body of Christ. There, you’ll grow and mature spiritually, as well as be able to put to use the spiritual gifts with which God has blessed you. As a result, His church will be built up continuously.
When you wisely invest yourself in these various ways, you’ll become more spiritually, relationally, financially, physically, emotionally, and socially fit to live a life of influence for Christ; the chief cornerstone of your faith!
Are there any areas of your life that are about to collapse? Seek God’s wisdom and permit the Holy Spirit to help you improve any areas that need attention. In time, you’ll be strong, stable, healthy, and able to teach others how to build a godly life, too.
- Thank God for the community of believers surrounding you.
- Ask Holy Spirit to help you listen to and obey God’s instructions regarding your health.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018