They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
-Luke 6:48 NIV
In Luke 6, Jesus explains the difference between a wise builder and a foolish one. A builder who is wise hears the Word of God, applies it to his life, and as a result, stands firmly through turbulent times. However, because the foolish builder doesn’t obey or apply God’s principles and instructions, he’s ruined when a raging storm hits his life.
As a follower of Christ, your spiritual foundation is vital to your life, both here on earth and in eternity. Following God and submitting to His wisdom enables you to build a solid foundation based on God’s values. As you base your life on Him, there are a few areas you will need to continually focus on to cultivate a strong, healthy spiritual life. This won’t only benefit you, it will help others reap the blessings as well.
Over the upcoming two days, you will be given five key areas of life to invest in and build wisely upon so you will have a strong foundation in Christ and good structural support, which will help you survive the inevitable storms of life.
- Praise God for the good work He is doing within you and your strong foundation of faith in Christ’s works already finished.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you build and live a well-balanced life that pleases God and is a blessing to you and others.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018