Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me. -Psalm 66:16 NIV
No one story is more important than another simply because every story exists for the same purpose: to show someone a side of God they haven’t seen be- fore. Here are three ways you can see the importance of your story:
1) Stop comparing – Your story isn’t about you; it’s meant to show off the God that so graciously gave you your story! When Jesus is at the center, your story suddenly takes on value.
2) Thank God for your own story – With an attitude of thanksgiving, you will realize all God has done and how amazing He is! Some people come from a slightly troubled past and others may seem worse. However, every story has the same theme: I was lost, but because of God’s grace and love, I’m found again!
3) Tell somebody – Your story may seem insignificant to you, but it could be exactly what someone else needs to hear. Someone is waiting to hear about God in brand new way, and you can be the person to tell them!
Everyone has a different story because we were all meant to impact the Kingdom of God in a unique way. When we all work together, our testimonies will reflect the one testimony that is true throughout them all: the testimony of God’s love.
- Thank God for giving you a story – your story!
- Ask God to not only help you share your story, but to encourage others to share their stories.