You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.
–Matthew 5:14-15 NLT
A three-way light bulb illuminates a room at various degrees of brightness, depending upon the wattage you choose. For a light bulb to work, it must be fastened into a socket, have an energy source, and you must switch it on. In the same fashion that a light bulb illuminates a room, your life has the power to illuminate the lives of those around you.
Knowing how God has wired you will help you live and function at your optimum capacity. Extroverts gain their energy by being around people. They are alive and vibrant when attending events and gatherings. Left alone, they quickly lose their energy and flare for life. Typically, they shine best at the sparkling 125-watt setting of a three-way light bulb.
Introverts are less social and gain their energy when alone. Being in large crowds and attending many activities depletes their energy and ability to function well. They’re most effective in smaller settings and require much quiet time to refuel. Normally, they shine best at the serene 50-75-watt setting of a three-way light bulb.
To keep your spiritual glow, it is vital for you to know how God wired you and what He has gifted you to do.
- Thank God for the way He has specifically wired you and the gifts He has given to you to share with others.
- Allow God’s Holy Spirit to energize you for the things God is calling you to do.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018