Let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong. Put on all the armor that God gives, so you can defend yourself against the devil’s tricks.
–Ephesians 6:10-11 CEV
Ephesians 6:10-18 addresses putting on the full armor of God. The armor includes:
Belt of Truth: Truth guides our decision making. Truth sanctifies and purifies. Truth is found in God’s Word. Truth frees us from the devil’s lies.
Breastplate of Righteousness: Righteousness is something God gives us. We are not righteous on our own.
Shoes of the Gospel of Peace: Peace with God is achieved through our relationship with Jesus. We must be prepared to share the gospel with unbelievers.
Shield of Faith: Faith puts out the fiery darts—doubt, denial, and deceit—that the enemy shoots our way. Faith saves us. Faith heals us. Faith moves mountains.
Helmet of Salvation: We receive reassurance of our present salvation and eternal salvation.
Sword of The Spirit (the Word of God): The Word of God is our offensive weapon. When put to use, it helps us overcome the enemy. Jesus used it to overcome the enemy.
Prayer: This is the best armor against all trials.
When you became a Christ follower, you became Satan’s target. He’s out to destroy you. You need to be aware of his tactics so you can stand your ground when he strikes. When you’re dressed in the armor God has provided for you to put on, you’ll be battle-ready for the adversary and his minions.
- Thank God that you’re part of His spiritual army and that the battle against Satan has already been won through Jesus.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you live with integrity. Don’t allow the enemy entrance into your life.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018