Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
–Proverbs 18:12 NIV
Our culture tells us that so-called “real men” drive fast cars, are obsessed with material success, disallow failure in themselves and others, and keep a tally of their sexual conquests. But what does God say it takes to be a real man?
Real men love Jesus and make Him the focus of their lives. They’re all in—heart, mind, soul, and strength—and never allow Him to take a back seat to anything else. Real men:
• surrender—with great joy and no reservations—to the power and authority of their Creator.
• set aside their own needs to serve others.
• spend a lifetime creating a legacy of faith that will bless their descendants for generations.
• exude quiet strength.
• are humble and encourage others to succeed.
• honor their wives and children and would defend them to the death.
• lead by example—all the time, in all circumstances.
• let God lead them into dark places where lesser men fear to go.
• never criticize but gently admonish and correct.
- Ask the Lord to search your heart today and reveal anything that offends Him.
- Surrender your will and your plans to God and ask Him to keep making you more Christ-like.