But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.
–Matthew 15:18-19 NIV
• cry freely when their hearts are overcome with great joy or sadness.
• don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves, complaining, or blaming others for their faults.
• are quick to apologize and ask for forgiveness.
• are honest to a fault. They never lie. About anything. Ever.
• keep their word and keep confidences.
• never let vulgar or careless words emerge from their mouths because they know that their words reflect what’s in their hearts.
• know that, in the great scheme of things, they’re not all that big a deal.
Jesus was a real man. He wept. He became indignant when His disciples were maligned or mistreated. He resisted every temptation that we succumb to daily. He surrendered completely to His Father’s will, and He endured excruciating suffering because He knew the eternal good that would come of it.
- Understand that God’s opinion of you is all that matters. You are His beloved son.
- Remember that your God-given destiny far outweighs your job, status, possessions, or achievements.