The backslider in heart will be filled with the fruit of his ways, and a good man will be filled with the fruit of his ways.
–Proverbs 14:14 ESV
A domino effect occurs when one event causes a chain reaction of similar events. A common reaction is when a domino falls backward and causes a row of standing dominos to tumble backward, too.
It is amazing how one occurrence, whether good or bad, can have a consequential impact. How do you avoid being affected by the domino effect of another person’s poor choices, broken promises, or lack of responsibility?
You need to stand your ground and proceed onward with your good ambitions, regardless of those who are backsliding or have fallen into a spirit of apathy. When someone else backslides, don’t allow their nonparticipation to keep you from participating in the things God is calling you to accomplish.
People may desert you, but God will never forsake you! When you resolve to go forward, regardless of what others are doing or not doing, God will replenish your life with people who are encouraging, faithful, and helpful. As a result, you will make progress and be filled with the fruitfulness of a job well done.
Be fervent in all you aspire! And as Colossians 4:17 (NLT) states, “Be sure to carry out the ministry the Lord gave you.”
- Thank God for all the times He has protected and helped you stand strong in the middle of adversity from others.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you stay steadfast and filled with zeal in all that God is calling you to attain and accomplish.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Is Three in One | Wednesday | December 12 - December 12, 2018
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018