The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
–Psalm 9:9 NLT
You may be dressed fashionably. Your outward appearance may look picture-perfect. You may live in an upscale community or drive a luxury automobile. On the surface you can act like everything is fine, but inside may be a different story. Do you feel like a broken vessel? Ashamed of letting others see your brokenness?
There is one Person who does not judge and is waiting for the door of your heart to open—His name is Jesus. He came to give love and forgiveness. Don’t try to meet false expectations that can never fulfill you in this world. You cannot be independent of God. Bring your hidden hurts to Him. He already knows every one of them. His hand will move on your behalf because God knows and sees what no one else does.
The love of God is greater than the pain of your hidden hurts. Psalm 30:2 (NIV) says, “Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” He is waiting to heal what others cannot see.
- For relief, focus your prayer onMatthew 11:28(NIV),“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
- For healing, focus on Psalm 147:3(NIV),“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018