Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
–Matthew 11:29 NLT
Are you burdened? You may be in debt, going through a divorce, illness, addiction, or facing the death of a loved one. There are some situations you have no control over and others are due to bad choices.
Two words change every situation, “But God.” During your darkest times, He steadies your emotions. He keeps you strong when you have no strength. He places people in your path who offer comfort. People who care and pray. You may hear a sermon spoken specifically for you. God is making a way for you—He never leaves you. Some answers may be different from what you want or the timing isn’t as soon as you’d hoped for, but He is in charge even though it may be difficult to understand. Keep your eyes off your circumstances and on God.
Press in and remember, “But God.” That makes all the difference in your outcome. Put yourself in His hands. That is where you can find rest. Matthew 11:28 (NIV) says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Grace, mercy, and peace await you. God never intended you to handle things on your own.
- Ask Holy Spirit to help you seek God in all circumstances.
- Pray for God’s rest, which is different from the world’s.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018