Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name. –Philippians 2:9 NIV
Jesus left His place of glory to come to earth for us. That is something we can’t fully understand. His purpose was for each one us to have eternal life with Him. When life starts to beat us down, we should immediately call on Jesus. He has several names and all of them are to provide us with His faithful love and care. These are just a few:
• Jehovah-Jireh — “The Lord will Provide” (Genesis 22:13-14)
• Jehovah-Rapha — “The Lord who Heals” (Exodus 15:26)
• Jehovah-Nissi — “The Lord our Banner” (Exodus 17:8-15)
• Jehovah-Shalom — “The Lord our Peace” (Judges 6:24)
• Jehovah-Raah — “The Lord my Shepherd” (Psalm 23:1)
When we are crying out to the Lord, we are saying that we need Him and can’t make it without Him. The enemy will try to keep us in the dark so he can oppress us. Don’t believe Satan’s lies. The devil was defeated by Christ on the Cross—Satan was no match for Jesus, he was defeated. Jesus brings deliverance and healing. Proverbs 18:10 (NIV) says, “The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” His name has power; call on His name.
Lord, You alone can satisfy my deepest needs.
Thank God that He is able and has the power when you call on His name, for He answers.