The virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and they will name him Immanuel, which means “God is with us.”
–Matthew 1:23 GW
C = Christ the Lord – born in Bethlehem and laid in a manger (Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7)
H = Holy Night – an angel brings good news of great joy (Luke 2:8-12)
R = Redeemer – Savior of the world (John 3:16-18; 1 John 4:14-15)
I = Immanuel – God with us (Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 7:14)
S = Shepherds – went to see Him (Luke 2:15-16)
T = They spread the word – and all who heard were amazed (Luke 2:17-18)
M = Mary – found to be with child through the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18-21; Luke 1:26-35)
A = Angels – praising God (Luke 2:13-14)
S = Shining star – wise men saw the star and were overjoyed (Matthew 2:1-10)
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. –Matthew 2:11 NIV
What an amazing account of the wonderful birth of our beloved Savior. May we continually celebrate, worship, and honor Him for who He is and all He’s done on our behalf as we eagerly await His glorious second coming!
- Thank God for sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to be the Savior of the world.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to shine brightly through you this Christmas season—lovingly impacting the lives of those around you.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Is Three in One | Wednesday | December 12 - December 12, 2018
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018