Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
-Romans 12:21 NIV
Everyone faces conflicts at one time or another. During these times, remember to confront the issue-not the person. Emotions can get the best of you. If you respond, make sure you do it when your emotions are calm. It is better to back-off and wait – never attack someone’s character. If you realize you caused the other person to be offended be ready to apologize and ask forgiveness. Be specific as to why you are sorry – open a conversation that leads to peace for both of you. No excuses – no strings attached, just the truth spoken in love, gentleness, and with respect.
Jesus is your perfect example. Mercy and grace took place on the cross. As Colossians 3:13 tells you, Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others (NLT). No one likes to live with disharmony. You are set free when you can forgive and move forward. As you are progressing, you may have successes and failures but God will honor your willingness.
- Thank God for His Son who was the ultimate gift of forgiveness.
- Pray and ask God to humble you and help you display His mercy and love toward others.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018