Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you. – 2 Corinthians 13:11 NLT
21 Days of Prayer and Fasting
Our Relationship with Others: Producing Peace in Relationships
God desires that you seek to live in peace and unity with Him, others, and yourself. He longs for you to have healthy relationships that produce harmony. He enjoys watching His sons and daughters become effective team players. It disturbs Him to watch family feuds that bring about division. He longs for peace not strife, which tears us apart.
The following are a few steps you can take that will improve your relationships and bring more unity and peace among believers as well:
- Pursue peace with God and with yourself. If you don’t have peace within, it will be impossible to extend lasting peace to others.
- Lower your “high” expectations of others. Realize that we’re all human, and we’re all prone to make mistakes.
- Accept that God has wired everyone differently. What works for you may not be true for someone else.
- Embrace, enjoy, and benefit from the giftedness of others while putting to use the gifts and talents God has entrusted to you for building up His church.
Remember that Satan is the accuser. Refuse to allow him to use you in his scheming, dividing game among God’s people. He knows that when we unify in peace, love, and harmony, amazing things happen through God’s church for the betterment of many: God’s people, unbelievers, and those who have lost their way.
Out of steps 1-4, which stood out to you the most as an area that you can grow in?
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you grow to maturity so you can be a peace-filled person who prefers harmony.
Latest posts by 2020 Prayer + Fast Contributors (see all)
- DAY TWENTY-ONE | A Day of Celebration! - January 26, 2020
- DAY TWENTY | Living a Life that Preaches the Gospel - January 25, 2020
- DAY NINETEEN | Serving the Church - January 24, 2020