What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
–2 Timothy 1:13-14 NIV
In our relationships with people, we conduct a series of transactions. Many of those interactions are deposits, and even in the healthiest of pairings some of those encounters are withdrawals.
The goal of being life-giving requires that we keep a positive balance in our deposit-to-withdrawal ratio—that we give more than we take and that we love others more than we focus on self.
This example was given to us by Jesus Himself, and has been lauded by organizational gurus ever since. Author Stephen Covey stated, “The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is…what we are.” We are made in the image of Christ, therefore let’s strive to be Christ-like and be representative of Jesus’ love, grace, and truth.
Today is a good day to take the next step and make life-giving deposits in the lives of others as you interact with them.
- Lord, help me to pray up my day, seek the Holy Spirit’s presence in my relationships, and breathe life with grace and truth.
- Jesus, I seek to follow You in making deposits into my relationships and pray that I am life-giving to those placed in my path.
Latest posts by Dan Richards (see all)
- Deposit into People’s Lives | Tuesday | June 25 - June 25, 2019
- Cry Out All the More | Friday | March 22 - March 22, 2019
- Head Down, Arms In, Knees Out | Thursday | November 1 - November 1, 2018