For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
–2 Timothy 1:7 NIV
People can disappoint you—they can be self-centered and hurtful, ignoring you and what you are feeling. You may be excited to share news and find no one really listens.
The world you live in is mainly interested in themselves. Don’t be discouraged. Be confident and strong and don’t let others take away your joy. You have a friend in Jesus.
When you feel as if no one cares—He does. When you feel alone—He is right next to you. When you hurt—He feels your pain. When you feel empty—He is waiting to fill you. Trust in His Word—it is a firm foundation that is true and unchanging. His favor lasts a lifetime when you belong to Him.
People in the world can be cruel. Try to put their remarks or actions behind you when they are insensitive. It is normal to feel wounded at first, but never forget the place you hold in God’s heart. He is interested in everything about you. His love for you never changes. He tells you He is holding your right hand.
Stand firm and believe and trust in the One who is always waiting to listen.
- Pray for strength and endurance when people disappoint you.
- Give God your ashes and watch Him turn them into joy (see Isaiah 61:3).
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018