but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
–Isaiah 40:31 NIV
Everyone faces major disappointments in life. The outcome will not always be what we expect, and this can be discouraging at times. This discouragement could be the result of rejection, disappointment, sickness, heartache, or confusion. It can consume us and can cause us to feel powerless and stuck.
We need to believe that God will work it all out. We must take small steps to shrink back from the feelings of powerlessness and discouragement. As 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NLT) tells us, “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.”
Jesus does not want us to be discouraged. We must try to take our eyes off the circumstances, choose hope, and know that our eternal home is with Jesus. God’s Word tells us that Jesus is preparing a place in Heaven for us. How encouraging is that!?
- Trust in the words from Jesus, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me” (John 14:1 NIV).
- Thank God that He is always there to comfort you during the discouraging times in life. Psalm 147:3 reminds you that “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018