I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won’t sin myself bankrupt.
–Psalm 119:11 MSG
Hiding (keeping) God’s Word in your heart is one way to keep Jesus an active part of your life, and also serves as a deterrent to sin. These truths alone can inspire you to memorize Scripture! However, memorization alone will not keep you from sinning; you must also put God’s Word to work in your life, making it a vital guide in everything you do!
The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17 NKJV). Gladness results when you allow God to be with you. You do that by faithfully following Him and obeying His commands.
- God rejoices over you with singing. Praise Him daily, for He is worthy to be praised (see Psalm 145:3).
- If you want to be happy, draw close to the source of happiness by obeying God (see James 4:8).
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- True Intentions | Monday | December 10 - December 10, 2018
- Being Purposeful | Saturday | November 24 - November 24, 2018
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018