The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”–Matthew 25:40 NIV
The holidays are over, and now we embrace the last days of the year. Many consider the aspirations they’d like to aim for throughout the upcoming year. There’s nothing wrong with dreaming big, but when the quest consumes you and leaves little time for family, friends, and people who are important to God, then perhaps it’s better to dream smaller so you can be available and helpful for them. Over the next two days, take time to read the lyrics to “Dream Small” by Josh Wilson, then consider what and who is important.
It’s a momma singing songs about the Lord It’s a daddy spending family time the world said he cannot afford These simple moments change the world It’s a pastor at a tiny little Church Forty years of loving on the broken and the hurt These simple moments change the world
Dream small, Don’t bother like you’ve gotta do it all Just let Jesus use you where you are One day at a time, Live well, Loving God and others as yourself Find little ways where only you can help With His great love, A tiny rock can make a giant fall, Dream small (To Be Continued Tomorrow.
1) Let God know how grateful you are for giving you life and the ability to make an impact in others’ lives just like Jesus did.
2) Ask the Holy Spirit to help you set your priorities right and to not overlook the little things that make a big difference.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Check Your Progress | Sunday | June 23 - June 23, 2019
- Unspoken Words Can’t Be Heard | Thursday | June 13 - June 13, 2019
- One Chapter – Three Healings | Saturday | June 1 - June 1, 2019