“Now come and have some breakfast!” Jesus said… Then Jesus served them the bread and the fish.
-John 21:12-13 NLT
Jesus is your best example of showing everyday love and kindness to others.
- He served up breakfast for His disciples, His friends, after they spent a grueling, then exciting night fishing.
- Jesus blessed the children who were almost shooed away by the good-intentioned disciples, (Matthew 19:14-15 NLT).
- Jesus fed the thousands of hungry people who had followed Him to the hillside seeking healing and hope–they found both in Jesus the Son of God, (Matthew 14:13-21 NLT).
- Jesus forgave the repentant criminal hanging beside Him on a cross at Calvary, (Luke 23:41-43 NLT).
How can you model Jesus to others every day?
- You can share a meal with friends and strangers.
- You can bless your children and grandchildren with your presence and understanding.
- We can provide healing with encouraging words for those who are hungry for hope.
- We can forgive freely and sincerely (Luke 6:27-31; Luke 17:4; Luke 23:34 NLT).
Your ultimate role model for everyday love and kindness is Jesus, the Prince of Peace.
Through Jesus and in His name, ask God to give you eyes to see and ears to hear those who need your love and kindness today.
Are you a good role model for your children? Spouse? Neighbors? Coworkers? If yes–hallelujah! If not, ask Holy Spirit to help you work on it today.