Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
–Proverbs 3:5 NLT
We may have our own expectations of what a follower of Christ entails. However, pursuing our own expectations could become exhausting. We were never meant to direct our own path.
When we follow Scripture, we grow in knowledge. Matthew 11:30 (NIV) tells us, “For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Our burdens can be lifted. We can have a peace that is different from what we can achieve in our own strength. We cannot change circumstances by ourselves.
Life brings confusion, weariness, doubt, and much more. These trials are part of life, and no one is exempt. The good news is that we can get through anything with God’s grace and love. We need God’s help and guidance to overcome the trials!
Go to a quiet place and let Him refresh your soul. Matthew 11:28 (NIV) is clear: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” We may expect certain things will happen in our lives. However, life will not meet up to our expectations, but Christ will! He is guarding you, gifting you, and teaching you. He intercedes for you every day.
- Lord Jesus, I trust You in all things! Direct my path!
- Ask the Lord to open the eyes of your soul to follow His plan for your life.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018