For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
–2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
Fear is an emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, painful, or threatening. Every Christian experiences situations that can lead to being fearful. There is no shortage of things to agonize over. A moderate amount of anxiety is normal. However, when fear is out of control you start believing thoughts that are not true.
1 Peter 5:8 (MSG) says, “Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You’re not the only ones plunged into these hard times.” Satan wants nothing more than to lure you away from God and keep you fearful. If you let fear overcome you, then God becomes distant. Trusting God is your ultimate remedy. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with His strength. He can help drive fear from your life.
Hold on to the words in Isaiah 41:10 (NIV), “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Don’t let fear be a stumbling block—trust God’s Word, the Bible.
- Meditate on Psalm 56:3 (NIV), “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
- Thank God for His perfect love that drives out fear.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018