There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
–Proverbs 18:24 NLT
You may have several friends or just a few. The number is not important – the heart connection is. A true friend stands by your side in both good and bad times—sharing struggles and celebrations.
In the Bible, there is a perfect example of friendship—David and Jonathan. Their friendship goes back to David’s victory over Goliath. King Saul was Jonathan’s father and was jealous of David’s success. He planned to kill David. Jonathan’s love and friendship intervenes and saves David.
First Samuel 20:41 (NLT) says, …David bowed three times to Jonathan with his face to the ground. Both of them were in tears as they embraced each other and said good-bye, especially David. That example of love reminds us of Jesus. Romans 5:11 (NLT) says, So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.
Earthly friends are gifts. However, the ultimate friend gave His life for you. Keep in your heart the words from 2 Corinthians 13:14 (MSG), the amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you.
- Thank God for the friends He puts into your life here on earth.
- Thank Him that He calls you friend and loves you so much that He gave His life for you.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018