But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. -Ruth 1:16 NLT
The book of Ruth is a story about two widows, Naomi and Ruth, and a wealthy man named Boaz. What bonded these two grieving widows together? A combination of Naomi’s faith, and Ruth’s loyalty toward Naomi caused them to stick together like glue. No matter how bleak things appeared for Ruth and Naomi, God wasn’t done with them.
Beyond their tears of grief and uncertainty, God had plans they could not see nor envision. As they returned to Naomi’s homeland, God unfolded His plan for their future, one step at a time. Perhaps God used Naomi and Ruth’s lives to reveal His love and loyalty to you. Are you a widow who can’t imagine going forward in life with the grief mounting up inside of you?
Are you a parent who recently lost a child or are you going through a rough divorce, and you don’t understand why it occurred or how things will turn out? Don’t abandon your faith in God. Regardless of your feelings, know that God is by your side, like Ruth remained by Naomi’s side.
Stay close to God and trust that His plan and purpose for your life will prevail. Like Naomi and Ruth, who left Moab to receive God’s blessings and eventually became part of His greater plan, take whatever steps God prompts you to make in going forward.
- Thank God for His loyalty and devotion to you regardless of what you’re facing or how you are feeling.
- As you read Chapter 1 of the book of Ruth, ask God for revelation to what He wants to reveal to you in a personal way.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Get Your Fire and Passion Back | Monday | December 31 - December 31, 2018
- Dream Small – Part Two | Sunday | December 30 - December 30, 2018
- Dream Small – Part One | Saturday | December 29 - December 29, 2018