But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.
–Genesis 8:1 NIV
The Bible says that Noah was in the ark for a great length of time during the flood that God sent to cleanse the Earth. Did Noah ever wonder if God forgot about him? The truth is, God didn’t forget him—He remembered Noah by sending “a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.”
Even after the floodwaters receded, Noah still had to wait on God before he could open the doors of the ark. When he did, “Then God said to Noah, ‘Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives’” (Genesis 8:15-16 NIV). God promised to protect Noah and his family and He did so by providing for their needs and preserving their lives. Why? Because Noah listened, obeyed, trusted, and waited on God.
Is there something you’ve been trusting for and waiting on God to deliver? Don’t believe the lies of the enemy that says God has forgotten you. Just like in Noah’s circumstance, God knows when it’s time to move on your behalf. While waiting, hang on to your hope, continue to pray, obey, and trust God. And when God remembers you, don’t forget to thank Him.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you grow and mature as you wait and trust in God’s timing and fulfillment.
- Thank God for all the times He has proved Himself to you.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018
- When Life Falls to Pieces | Wednesday | November 28 - November 28, 2018