After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
–1 Kings 19:12 NIV
The Bible reveals different ways God spoke to His people. He spoke audibly, in dreams, and by using angels to bring His message. Adam, Abraham, and Moses heard directly from God. Joseph and Nebuchadnezzar heard in dreams. Many prophets heard Him through visions and dreams. God sent the archangel Gabriel to Mary, telling her of the birth of Jesus. These are just some examples.
Job 33:14 (NLT) tells you, “For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it.” He wants to speak to you today, and yes, you can know that you hear His voice. It can be through pastors, Bible teachers, wise and godly people, friends, and family, and the Word of God—which is filled with principles and instructions for your life.
God speaks differently to each person. Listen closely to what God is saying to you. He may speak to you in a small still voice as he did to Elijah. He wants to talk to you, and He wants you to listen and talk to Him.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you quiet yourself and understand how God is speaking to you.
- Ask God to help you seek Him with all of your heart, listening for His instructions for your life.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018