For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.
–Psalm 33:9 NIV
God spoke and He created. What do you create when you speak? Chaos, confusion, and tears are all results of wrong words spoken. You need to speak words of encouragement. Are you uplifting people by speaking positive words into their lives?
The same principle rings true in your own life. Remember, what you speak to yourself you also hear. Speak to others and yourself the fruits of the Spirit that were given to you by God: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
You are also cultivating certain spiritual gifts as you grow in your walk with God. Remember James 3, which mentions the power of the tongue. Hebrews 10:25 (NIV) tells you to encourage one another. Love one another as the second commandment tells you. You are here to glorify God and always keep Him first in your life.
- Pray with Proverbs 12:18 (NIV) in mind: “The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.”
- Pray with 1 Peter 3:10 (NIV) in mind: “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech.”
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- True Intentions | Monday | December 10 - December 10, 2018
- Being Purposeful | Saturday | November 24 - November 24, 2018
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018