Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us….
-Hebrews 12:1 NIV
In auto racing, pit stops are taken during the race for refueling, changing tires, and repairs. No driver races on his own. He has a team who supports him throughout the race. Without strategic pit stops the driver could run out of gas, blow a tire, and reduce his ability to finish the race.
Your life is like a race that requires faith, discipline, and endurance. Strategic pauses help you stay in the race God has designed for you. God-ordained pit stops protect you and guard others. When properly regarded, pit stops have the power to refresh and refuel, to refine and re-align, and to reflect and recognize God’s handiwork in your life.
God does not want you to run out of zeal, to speed ahead of Him, to allow the enemy to steer you off course, or for you to crash into someone else’s life. It’s important for you to accept and appreciate all your God-ordained pit stops gladly. You are not in a race to win one trophy. There are many finish lines God wants to witness you cross over victoriously. Intentionally plan some breaks with God so you can stay on track and finish your race well.
- Pause and ask God to reveal whether you are on track with His will.
- Pray the Holy Spirit would guide, empower, and fuel you to keep going strongly in your journey with God.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018
- When Life Falls to Pieces | Wednesday | November 28 - November 28, 2018