Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.
–Psalm 71:18 NIV
You and I are growing older, but that doesn’t mean you’re disqualified from making an impact on the lives of those younger than you. From God’s perspective, you are highly qualified to declare His power, His love, His faithfulness, and His healing touch to those He brings your way.
Your golden years are actually prime time years for God to work through you in ministering to the lives He places in your path. Why? Because over the course of your life the Lord has revealed His faithfulness to you and has strengthened you inwardly through all the life experiences He’s brought you through.
The power of your testimony of how God worked in your favor, the godly wisdom that you’ve gained over the years, and the good works He has done in you, are a priceless resource—a cedar chest of God’s greatness—that you can pass on to others.
Be daring and willing to move out of your comfort zone and let God lead you in the direction of someone in need. If you haven’t reached those golden years yet, look to others older than you for guidance—they’ve already walked a long path and could be a valuable resource.
- Ask God to reveal how you can make a spiritual impact on the lives of others and pray for God-ordained opportunities to do so.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would empower you to share the godly wisdom you have gained over the years with others.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018