I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
–John 10:11 NIV
A shepherd’s job is to care for his sheep. He does this from the time a sheep is born through old age. The shepherd guides the flock all day and protects it from harm at night. Sheep have a natural tendency to wander and get lost. When sheep wander, they put themselves in danger. Sheep are helpless and would not survive without a shepherd to protect and care for them.
You may be like sheep with a tendency to go astray without Jesus. It is human nature to drift and go in a direction that is dangerous. You may be wandering and have forgotten the way back to God. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, searches for you when you are lost. He loves you and was willing to lay down His life for you. His purpose is to show you the way to eternal life. He is the Shepherd of your life—the Eternal God, and you would not want it any other way.
- Thank God for being the Shepherd of your life.
- Praise God that you are never lost when you belong to Jesus.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018