So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.
–John 8:36 NLT
Are you trapped in a prison from which you haven’t been able to break free? Perhaps it’s a bad habit, a lustful desire, an issue from your past, or even a lingering illness. Regardless of your efforts to break free, you fail to make progress in walking through your prison door to freedom.
Whatever vice has you pinned down, know that with God’s help you can find liberty. Referring to the opening Scripture in John 8, Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary notes, “There is no prison so dark, so strong, but God can visit his people in it, and, if he pleases, fetch them out. Recoveries from sickness, releases out of trouble, are granted, not that we may enjoy the comforts of life, but that God may be honored with the services of our life.”
Don’t allow shackles of sin, Satan, or any other issues keep you captive. Refuse to remain imprisoned. Today, arise and become a key player in unlocking your prison door. With God’s help, be determined to pursue the victory He is leading you to. Why? Because the challenges that you overcome may well become the key to unlocking and setting someone else free. God loves you too much to leave you stuck!
- Ask God to show you an area of imprisonment from which you need to be set free.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you break free from vices that are holding you back from reaching your highest potential.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018
- When Life Falls to Pieces | Wednesday | November 28 - November 28, 2018