And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
–2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV
As a believer in Christ you live under the “Glory of the New Covenant” that was fulfilled by Jesus’ sacrifice on the Cross. From the day of your salvation, God’s Spirit began to transform you, from glory to glory, into the image of Christ. This is not an exterior physical change, but rather an internal transformation—holiness, righteousness, grace, etc.—which takes place progressively during the course of your lifespan on earth.
Be aware that between these glory stages of growth, maturity, faith, strength, and purpose, you will incur growing glory pains. However, as you continually draw close to God and experience His presence, abide in Christ, and stay in step and cooperate with the Holy Spirit’s leading, teaching, correcting, and pruning, you will increasingly be conformed into Christlikeness.
As you wrap up this year, take time to reflect on and recognize what areas of spiritual growth God has performed in you. With the coming of the New Year, be prepared to go through additional growing pains so the Lord’s glory can increase and shine through you more and more. Your spiritual makeover pleases God, benefits others, empowers you for godly living, and prepares you for Christ’s return and eternity.
- Thank God for the glorious good works He has been doing in you as His dearly loved, treasured, and developing child.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you grow, mature, and become the virtuous person God is transforming you into.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Is Three in One | Wednesday | December 12 - December 12, 2018
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018