How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns!
–Isaiah 52:7 NLT
The heart of an evangelist belongs to those who have a hunger to lead others to Christ. They are passionate in their search for the lost. It’s no problem for them to start a conversation with someone and then begin witnessing to them. An evangelist keeps spiritually fit by doing the work God destined for him or her.
Jesus said, “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me…” (John 4:34 NLT). Matthew Henry’s Commentary expands, “Our Master has left us an example, that we may learn to do the will of God as he did; with diligence, as those that make a business of it; with delight and pleasure in it. God sometimes uses very weak and unlikely instruments for beginning and carrying on a good work. Our Saviour, by teaching one poor woman, spread knowledge to a whole town.”
How about you? Do you have the heart of an evangelist, but aren’t sure how to start? The simplest way is to share with people the changes Jesus made in your life and the difference He can make in their life, too. Another way is to invite them to church or the small group you attend.
- Ask God to open your heart and prepare your feet to share Jesus with those He brings your way or you encounter.
- Ask God to prepare the hearts of those He would have you share the good news of His peace and salvation.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Get Your Fire and Passion Back | Monday | December 31 - December 31, 2018
- Dream Small – Part Two | Sunday | December 30 - December 30, 2018
- Dream Small – Part One | Saturday | December 29 - December 29, 2018