Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls.
–1 Peter 2:11 NLT
In spite of life’s goodness, we may sense that something is amiss at times. Perhaps it’s because we are homesick for Heaven. What does the Bible say about Heaven?
Heaven will be a place of exquisite beauty and will have streets of pure gold. The Tree of Life will be yielding its twelve kinds of fruits each month. There will be treasures in Heaven—an inheritance that does not perish. There will be no more tears, illness, death, nor darkness, for the Lord God will be the Light.
There will be no hunger or thirst. Nothing evil will be allowed, including wicked people. When we step into our heavenly homeland, it will be a place of peace and belonging. We will have redeemed, resurrected bodies fit for eternity in Heaven. It is the home of righteousness.
In Heaven, there will be no separation; it is a place of harmony and unity and a place of eternal praise to God. What a beautiful picture of our future! Let’s remember to “run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).
- Let God know how grateful you are that life on earth is only temporary and that His best is yet to come!
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you keep away from what is temporal and stay focused on what is eternal.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Get Your Fire and Passion Back | Monday | December 31 - December 31, 2018
- Dream Small – Part Two | Sunday | December 30 - December 30, 2018
- Dream Small – Part One | Saturday | December 29 - December 29, 2018