The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. But he does not excuse the guilty. He lays the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations.
–Numbers 14:18 NLT
Some things in life aren’t fair such as: A baby born to a drug addict mother who suffers the consequences of her mother’s addiction. A young child suffers obesity from gluttony in the household. A teenager suffers loss when dad or mom gambles away the family’s money.
Many vices flow from one generation to the next unless somebody decides to be “the one” who breaks the destructive pattern and then releases a more favorable course flowing with blessings. “Keep in mind that the Lord your God is the only God. He is a faithful God, who keeps his promise and is merciful to thousands of generations of those who love him and obey his commands” (Deuteronomy 7:9 GW).
As a follower of Christ, you have the power and authority to expel iniquities manifesting in your life and to repair the breaches that permitted sin, darkness, and familiar behavioral traits to flow from one generation to another. Be “the one” to break the cycle from your life and to intercede on behalf of others in your family. When you stick to the right path and shun the wrong, God will bless you with life, liberty, love, and godliness.
- Pray that God’s grace and peace be multiplied in you through the knowledge of Him and of Jesus your Lord.
- Ask God to give you the divine power needed for life and godliness, so you may become a partaker of the divine nature.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Is Three in One | Wednesday | December 12 - December 12, 2018
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018