Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight!
–Psalm 32:1 NLT
God has given you free will. It means you are completely in control of the decisions you make. However, there is also an adversary. As 1 Peter 5:8 (NLT) says, “Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” Satan is crafty and knows all your weak points—he wants your decisions to be influenced by him and to fill your thoughts. When facing that roaring lion, know his plans are not for your good.
But God accepts your weakness, and restores and renews. You can claim this because God gives to those He loves. His perfect gift was Jesus and He came to set you free. Come to Him just as you are—you can find love and acceptance, and there is NOTHING that can separate you from His love.
Wrong decisions in life are transformed when you come to Jesus. He is knocking at the door of your heart—open it.
- Thank God for loving you “just the way you are.”
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you make decisions.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018