“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.”
–Revelation 3:20 NLT
“Knock! Knock!” “Who’s there?” Which reaction from yesterday (1, 2, or 3) was your response?
If you answered number one, wonderful! Keep on keeping on as a follower of Christ.
If two, that’s okay. It’s never too late to rededicate your life to Jesus and live the Spirit-filled life. Turn away from whatever is displeasing to God. God’s Word says, “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent” 2 Peter 3:9 (NLT).
If you answered three, God is patiently waiting for you to accept His gracious gift of salvation and eternal life. Jesus desires you to let Him come into your heart; making Him your Lord and Savior. Jesus said, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him” (John 3:16-17 NIV). Will you open the door of your heart to Him today?
- Give thanks to God for sending Jesus, His one and only Son, to save you!
- Let Jesus know that you are earnestly waiting and looking forward to His second coming!
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018
- When Life Falls to Pieces | Wednesday | November 28 - November 28, 2018