That precious memory triggers another: your honest faith—and what a rich faith it is, handed down from your grandmother Lois to your mother Eunice, and now to you!…
–2 Timothy 1:5 MSG
When you think of an inheritance, you usually think of money and possessions left after someone passes. Most people want to leave their loved ones a monetary inheritance. However, you can also leave a spiritual legacy. This legacy is far greater. This is something that can never be taken away or left here on earth. It is lasting and goes into eternity.
What is a spiritual legacy? It is having your loved ones see examples throughout your life of kindness, compassion, generosity, forgiveness, love, and truth. Money and possessions will remain in this world—they cannot be taken with you. It is more important how you live than what you leave.
When you take your last breath, you want to know you left behind what was profitable for the spiritual growth of others. Think of what Matthew 16:26 (NLT) tells you, And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?
What inheritance do you want to leave? Temporary or eternal? Monetary or spiritual?
- Pray for God’s help in transforming your thinking from worldly to eternal.
- Ask God to help you leave an impression of Him for others to see.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018