You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.
–Matthew 5:14 NIV
Today as you walk through your day, remember the words of Jesus in Mathew 5:13-14. You are the salt of the earth as well as the light of the world.
Where would your life be without seasoning? You need spice and flavor without which your life would be bland and flat. When you cook, you season to taste and make the meal delicious with a little bit of salt. Your life needs seasoning.
And how hard would it be to navigate through the ups and downs of this world if you were always in the dark? You need light, because when life seems dark, it is hard to walk without stumbling. Your relationship with Jesus provides this light.
As a Christian, you have the power to change your surroundings just by sharing His love. By sharing the joy and peace found in our Savior, you are adding His flavor to the world. Through Him you bring light to the darkness by sharing God’s Word and direction with others.
So turn on the lights and spice things up in the mighty name of Jesus!
- Father, let me share the light of Your Son today. As His light shines in me, let others see it and see You.
- Father, let me be an example to others of Your goodness and seasoning in my life. Let me be the salt at Your table.
Latest posts by Dave Thomas (see all)
- Cry Out for Joy! | Wednesday | October 31 - October 31, 2018
- Let the Son Shine Brightly! | Wednesday | September 26 - September 26, 2018
- Light of the World! | Sunday | September 9 - September 9, 2018