Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the one who will keep you on track.
–Proverbs 3:6 MSG
Communication is a two-way street. It involves listening as well as speaking. Yet, during prayer time with the Lord, you may tend to do most or all of the talking by spending this solemn time praising and thanking Him for His wondrous love, requesting help for yourself and others, and asking for forgiveness. These practices are essential.
But how much time is devoted to actually listening for God’s response? God speaks to His children in many ways, and one of these avenues is through prayer. It is vital in a relationship with the Lord to take the time to hear His response.
During prayer, patiently allow time for God to calm your fears and strengthen you for the day ahead. He may bring to mind a direction to take, a solution to a problem, or a Scripture verse that is relevant to your situation. In Psalm 37:7 (NIV), we are directed to “Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.” Use the words of Samuel, as he did, during prayer time, “Speak. I’m your servant, ready to listen” (1 Samuel 3:10 MSG).
- Pray that you will have patience as you listen for the Lord’s direction during your devotional time.
- Pray that you will recognize God’s voice as He speaks to you in prayer.
Latest posts by Ida Fiorella (see all)
- Ambassadors for Christ | Tuesday | January 8 - January 8, 2019
- The Ultimate Christmas Gift | Sunday | December 23 - December 23, 2018
- Refuse to Be Mediocre | Tuesday | November 27 - November 27, 2018