Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
–John 4:13-14 NIV
The Bible tells a story about a Samaritan woman at the well where Jesus asks her for a drink of water. She does not understand why He is asking her for a drink. At that time, Jews did not associate with Samaritans. She didn’t know to whom she was speaking – Jesus, the Son of God – told her that He can give her living water.
Jesus knew she needed much more than to just satisfy her physical thirst. She needed to know the Source of living water. She needed grace and forgiveness. She needed eternal life. John 17:3 (NLT) says, And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.
His unfailing love is there for you. Psalm 40:3 (NLT) says, He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord. Jesus doesn’t want you to be thirsty. He’s waiting for you with living water—seek Him.
- Thank God that He shows no partiality—His mercy is for all.
- Trust in God’s words. He is waiting to fill you with His living water.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018