Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
–1 Peter 5:7 NLT
Looking back to the past may stir many different feelings such as sorrow and pain. You may wish some things could be reversed. However, your faith in God can enable you to look ahead.
You cannot change what already has happened, but you can pray and ask for His power to help you move forward and rebuild. You have a race to finish. Philippians 3:14 (MSG) tells you, I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running and I’m not turning back.
Look at where you are and not where you used to be. Don’t keep going back to the past, but be encouraged and know you can do all things through Christ.
When you relive your past, nothing can be accomplished—you shut down. Your joy, hope, and peace are robbed. Don’t let Satan have the upper hand. Remember, God has a plan for your life. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT), This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! So, don’t look back.
- Pray for strength to take thoughts captive that weigh you down.
- Pray for God’s plan for a hope and future without looking back to the past.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018