May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
–Ephesians 3:19 NLT
Can you love yourself as God loves you? You may not see yourself from God’s point of view. You may see insecurity, adversity, failures, and shortcomings. When the gift of life was given to you, it was given with love. Ephesians 1:4 (NLT) says, Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
The Lord doesn’t see things the way you do. He looks at your heart. Remember 2 Corinthians 5:17(NIV), Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! You can love yourself as God loves you. All you have to do is look at yourself through His eyes—the eyes of mercy, the eyes of grace, the eyes of forgiveness, and the eyes of compassion.
When you are looking at yourself through God’s eyes, you have to love yourself as He loves you. The Father has such great love for you that He calls you His child. Let that love be rooted in your heart.
- Thank the Father for the ultimate gift of love—His Son.
- Look at yourself as a child of God—loved beyond measure.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018